The Global Activities Registry
The Global Activities Registry is Penn's central resource for collecting information about the travel plans and activities of faculty, staff, and students preparing to travel either abroad or domestically for academic, educational, clinical, research, or University business purposes. Given the sudden and unexpected nature of naturally-occurring events, as well as other emergencies, it is imperative that all students, faculty and staff make use of this valuable resource ~ not only for your safety, but for the emotional well-being and comfort of your family and friends.
All students are encouraged to take full advantage of this resource provided by the University.
All students traveling either domestically or internationally for academic credit must register under the Traveler section of the registry one month prior to their trip.
This secured information is used:
• to contact travelers in emergencies
• to assist individuals and groups, as needed, with pre-travel preparations
• to identify opportunities for closer collaboration on international research and operations
All faculty, staff, and students with valid PennKeys are authorized to use the Registry.
The Global Activities Registry is an online tool developed to support Penn community members traveling abroad and to gather data about Penn's expanding levels of global engagement. The Registry records travel itineraries and emergency contact information for Penn faculty, staff and students who are traveling for academic, educational, clinical, research and other University business purposes. International SOS, the organization that provides Penn international travelers with medical, security and other travel assistance, will be automatically notified of your plans.
There are several benefits to the Penn Community:
• Penn can respond more effectively when there is an incident such as a natural disaster or civil unrest overseas by knowing who is in the area.
• Penn can gather additional information about what members of the Penn Community are traveling or doing research in a certain region in order to provide better operational support or information to individuals prior to departing.
• Individuals are automatically registered with International SOS when they enter their flight information with the Global Activities Registry.
• Groups can learn where other members of the Penn Community have traveled to or that will be in the region at the same time.
• Encourage greater research and operational collaboration across campus.
The Registry has two sections, one for Group Coordinators and one for Travelers.
• Group Coordinators: In this section, those responsible for organizing and coordinating group travel enter general information about their program or activity.
• Travelers: In this section, individual travelers and participants in an organized group enter their travel details, including personal and emergency contact information, passport information, itinerary, and transportation details. International SOS, the organization that provides Penn students, faculty, and staff with international medical, security, and travel ssistance, including emergency evacuation, is notified automatically of travel plans.
Be sure to enter your travel details before going abroad. The information will facilitate assistance from the University in case of an emergency, and you'll be contributing data to support Penn's international activities and other Penn travelers.
Who has access to information about my trip?
Anyone who registers their trip, whether as an individual or as part of a group, will have their information sent to International SOS, Penn's international travel assistance provider. A limited number of central and School-based administrators will also have access to assist in the event of an emergency.
Click on the link below for access: You must input your Penn Key and Password.
Left Panel -> Click on: "Log on to the Registry"
Once you have logged on, you can register either your group or individual travel, or explore the interactive map illustrating Penn's global activities.
Please address any questions about the Registry to email@example.com.